Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, January 7, 2010

When is it?

I'm not kidding. Jet lag is a terrible thing. I've spent most of today thinking it was Wednesday. Yesterday we spent just about 24 hours traveling home from Belgium. Since we played timezone hopscotch it was one VERY long day.

Sam didn't sleep as much on the plane as he did on the way over since the flight from Brussels to Chicago was during what he thought was nap-time, not nighttime. That was pretty inconvenient and made for a looong flight back. In Chicago he played for a little while, I took a power nap on top of our carry-ons and then after we ate dinner, he crashed. So he slept from about 6:45 pm to 4:30 am, with a few very brief wakeups for changing cabin pressure and moving from the carseat to bed. For most of that time I had to hold him, and I am eternally grateful that my sling works up to 50 lbs. Right now he is "toot-toot" ing in his crib resisting his nap.

We have so many pictures and stories to post, I promise to start getting to that very soon. I doubt I can blog-post as many pictures as I want to so there may be a link to a Picasa album in addition to those that make it up here.

Seeing my family was just wonderful, as were Belgium, Paris and London. I can't hit on one specific thing that was the "high point" of the entire trip, but one of them was being with my Mom, David and Sam at the top of Monmartre at Sacre Coeur at night. It was so beautiful.

But, for now, I need a nap too. :) Especially since I'll be up late watching UT beat 'Bama...I hope...

No comments:

Post a Comment