Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Five Frogs!

Well hello there! :)


Yup, that's right, come October 20th there's going to be a new frog in this little family. We feel excited...and blessed...and a little anxious. Mostly excited :)

A few little facts:
- I'm estimated to be 10 weeks on Thursday

- I've already gained 4 pounds and busted out the maternity jeans. Just as well, they said I had to gain some weight before it started to "count" :$ Everything just unspools and falls the second time, even before the baby is "showing"!

-I'm ALWAYS hungry, unless I'm nauseated, but there isn't much lag in between and even nauseated I'm still hungry. I haven't been "sick" much except for a few times early on when I got a whiff of something unappealing or ate something even though it sounded gross. I re-learned that lesson quickly. I eat semi-constantly, except in the morning; even though I'm starving-hungry it's hard for me to get excited about breakfast. The biggest problem I've had? Being tired but unable to sleep at night.

- Baby D's heartbeat was 161 bpm at 8 weeks.

- This morning, just about 2 weeks after this ultrasound we saw him again and he was moving like I had just downed one of those glucose challenge drinks (all I'd had was a few grapes and water). He was kicking, swirling, flailing and twirling...he's going to be very active if this keeps up! (No pictures this time, it was just to check his heart since the doppler couldn't ping him with all his squirming. But hearing the swishes when he moved around was fun too!)

- At ~10 weeks the sac has expanded all the way to the other side of my uterus and he was stretched all the way across. They grow so fast...sniff sniff ;)

- The dark spot in his head is a good thing, that's where his brain is.

- No we don't know if Baby D is a boy or girl yet, but I don't like saying "it" and I already have one boy so it seems more natural to me. We may not find out before delivery...(grimace).

-The "official" MOPS prediction yesterday was that Baby D is a boy.

- Sam is excited, he loves babies of any kind, but it's not quite making sense to him yet. He keeps associating our baby with the baby boy of some friends we saw last week; he also thinks Baby D is sad because he doesn't have any toys. This baby is going to get bonked with Thomas the Train shortly after delivery, I can already see it.

4 comments:

  1. Sooooo excited for y'all!!!!
    Big mmmmmwaaahhh to Sam, the big brother :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Sounds like your Sam will be a great big brother! My Sam pretty much ignores his baby sister, but she did get a train thrown at her already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trish, congratulations! Such excellent news! Blessings, blessings, blessings.

    ReplyDelete