Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, July 24, 2009

Time For a Change!

Tonight Sam had a dirty diaper. The way I found out about the dirty diaper was by watching him reach under the crib and pull out the canvas box that his changing pads are in. Then I saw him pick out one pad, instead of all of them like usual, walk over and hand it to me. After that he climbed up on the bed and laid down, ready and waiting for me to get a clue and come over with a fresh diaper.

Why is it that we see our kids grow and change every day but ever so often there's a day where it really sinks in...they're growing up! All through the day today I kept noticing things, I had seen them before but never put them all together to form the thought, "I have a toddler!!!" I asked him if he wanted water, he shook his head no. I asked him next if he wanted milk, he nodded yes. When it was time for lunch he didn't seem hungry so I asked him if he was hungry, again shook his head no. I changed the scenario a few times and consistently got the no before I just gave up. When he did finally get hungry he just climbed into his high chair and made the sign for 'more'. Even with "if-then" statements he knows what it is he's responding to. When I put him down for the night I asked him to lay down if he wanted me to sing. He quickly laid down, looked up at me with the sweetest face and made the sign for 'more'.

His most frequent word now is "Dank ou" for thank you. He knows "Da Da" is David and if he urgently wants me I'm "Mam Mam Mam....". But we hear "Dank Ou" a kajillion times a day. If you hand him something, if you give him a plate or a spoon with food, change his diaper, hand him his milk, everything gets a "Dank Ou".

Before I go to bed I look at him sleeping, my 24-month clothes & size 7 shoe wearing little boy, not baby anymore, little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment