Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Finals!?!

What are you looking at?

Just imagine me saying "Finals!" like an expletive. I feel like I've been in the witness protection program for the last few weeks. My Midterms were in mid-July and I was at the library non-stop studying. When I finished I took a few days "off" to spend with my Mom and on Tuesday when I looked back at my calendar it hit me...my finals were in 2 1/2 weeks!

That's what I hate about the summer semester, everything is squashed together. Sure I had all of the dates written diligently in my planner, but the "end of the semester" just sounded so far away. So what have I been doing this week? You guessed it...I'm a fixture at the library. Instead of having just 2.5 exams to prep for I have 2.5 exams, a term paper and 5 little mini-papers for extra credit in my world civ class.

One of the things I had to do today was go to the MFAH (free on Thursdays) to get info for one of my mini-papers. Then we headed over to the Japanese Garden at Hermann Park (again for a paper.) Since the Garden doesn't have a brochure or anything to prove you were there I had to take a picture, and it turned out fairly well I think...except Sam isn't smiling.


Doesn't it seem that no matter how well you plan your semester out things always get rushed in the end? I've had oodles of Dr. appointments and that takes up way too much time, so does eating, exercising and showering. So we've skipped playdates, I've missed knitting with my friends, meeting new babies and there are packages for my sister-in-law, Mom, Grandma Joanna and brother all sitting around in pieces since I've been paring all of the extracurricular stuff out of my schedule so I can focus. David has been a prince, watching Sam virtually every night and on weekends so that I can bolt out the door when he gets home and head to school. This had better be worth it, I want A's.

No comments:

Post a Comment