Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, August 10, 2009

It is finished...

Saturday night I took my last exam. Since I had an final in the morning as well I thought having fun family time at the UH Leisure Pool in between sounded great. I've really missed my boys the last few weeks, plus I'm part iguana; I love to just bake in the sun on a patio chair...so long as there is water nearby to cool off in! Sam has this cute little float-suit, I got take-out from the McAlister's across the street...it was great.

Unfortunately after we'd been there a while Sam just seemed off. He was clingy and just laid in my lap for the longest time. I don't think he's done that since before he could crawl. David and I thought he felt hot, not just outside-in-the-sun hot, so we went home. He slept a long time and when he woke up there was no mistaking that boy had a fever. That was Saturday afternoon and now on Monday morning it's still there. Poor dude-man.

In other news, I've been asked to take a leadership position in MOPS this year. One of the girls who was to lead a discussion group is suddenly moving so I'm going to take over for her. I missed the leadership meeting this morning since Sam is sick, but I can't wait to be more involved. Aside from that, we're just chillin'...as best we can in the crazy heat. Classes start again for me on the 24th, this semester I'll be full-time with two classes on campus Mon. & Wed. nights. Yipes!

Labor day weekend we're heading to Port Arthur with something like 14 other families of UT friends. It's going to be SOOO much fun, I can't wait. We've been practicing for the toddler race...Sam has some seriously scraped shins and knees but we'll have all the kinks worked out in time. Second place is not an option!!!! :)-

No comments:

Post a Comment